Comments

Please feel free to leave comments. They are VERY appreciated.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Well isn't life GRAND

So I decided to go back to work. At the time it was not really about the money, yes we always need that, but in addition too, I just needed to get back to being around more adults, structure and just something that was mine. I decided to work at a school, an elementary school to be exact. I was hired on to be a Paraprofessional. I truly LOVED working with the kiddos. I never thought in a million years my entire heart would be into it. I knew that I would really enjoy it, but I truly  found my passion.

Well as life works, and seems to work for us, shortly after, Darin was laid off. Now we were left with no main income and no insurance. I had asked to see if I could have an increase in hours, but that would of meant that I would be eligible for benefits. Well they just did not have a position for me to do that.

Now with Darin home, it was nice and super convenient to have him home when the girls got home and he could meet them at the bus.

Let me back up a bit... our precious and wonderful provider had to leave us for personal reasons. We miss her sooo much... and she still comes to see Sarah. But we wish her the very best in everything and we are keeping in touch.

So with that said..... since there is no one else here in the afternoons.... it was becoming challenging for Darin. I found myself still needing to manage all of Sarah's care. It was becoming so overwhelming and I found myself just so caught in the middle of work, Sarah's issues and plus having to take care of new things with Hannah. I knew that Darin could not manage all of that like I had done for years, so with a super heavy heart, I had to resign. We would for sure be hurting for the money, and I miss the wonderful kiddos from the school sooo much, but my family really needed me and I think FINALLY Darin sees how much I do take care of.

So now, Darin is looking for work. Not sure if he can get back into the profession he was in and if he did, we are worried how steady it would be and if it paid the bills, plus the benefits too are so needed.

As for Sarah, I am getting concerned with her over all health. Since her shunt surgery... she has regressed in her feeding and just seems different.Some good and some things to worry about. I think its just a massive combination of things.... way to many big changes, and since things are stressful here, I know she can feel it.

Sarah was evaluated for an Aug Com devise, to help her communicate and hopefully we should have it before the end of the year. I am going to dive into learning all I can and help her all that I can too. I cant wait for this new one to open up her world... and our world to her.

Hannah is doing well. She is still the out going spunky girl. Now she is in the 4th grade... so different and so much more to do. We are finally getting her on a good schedule and at least at home she is getting better as each day goes by. Her grades are wonderful, math is kind of an issue right now, but we are getting there.

So that is whats going on at the Z house these days.

Have a great night!!!

No comments: